Thursday, February 13, 2014

Top Opening Phrases That Tell You Things Are About To Go Bad

If anyone starts a conversation with any
of these phrases, run as if this guy was
chasing you
This is a quickie blog post. It's something that recently occurred to me. There is a series of phrases used to start a conversation, and by their very nature you just know that the conversation is not going to end well. If you hear any of these, don't walk but run to the nearest exit, preferably with your hands clapped over your ears.


  • We need to talk
  • We have a problem
  • There's something I've been meaning to tell you, but I've only just now worked up the courage
  • Are you sitting down?
  • Okay, before I go on, promise me you won't freak out
  • Okay, before I go on, promise me you won't lose your temper
  • Before I say anything else, I need to establish the fact that I was rather drunk at the time
  • Is our insurance paid up?
  • I've been trying to find the right time and way to tell you this
  • Did you get an extended warranty on the (insert name of expensive electronic device here)?


Photo Credit: Rakesh JV 

No comments:

Post a Comment