I know I've been unconscionably lax in posting recently, but life has been insane. There's some good stuff coming down the pike once things get a little less insane. In the meantime, here's a brief word or two.
My personal philosophies vis a vis writing:
1. If you can't be funny, be weird. If you can't be weird, be irreverent.
2. "If you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker
3. Spelling counts
4. Unlike the Pirate Code, a deadline is not "more of a guideline than a rule".
5. Don't plaigiarze. If your ego/confidence isn't big enough that the idea of using someone else's material in place of yours is reprehensible, then you have no business being a writer.
6. When you write something, walk away from it then come back to it the
next day. I guarantee you'll find stuff that you'll desperately want to
change. Never send in something "cold."
7. Someone reading your
stuff for editing/proofreading? Yes. Someone reading your stuff to see
if it flows, if it makes sense/interesting? Yes. Someone reading your
stuff and bombarding you with unwanted ideas on how THEY would do it if
they were writing it? HELL NO. And if they persist, you are legally
allowed to murder them.
8. Facebook posts don't count as writing.